My token poinsettia and the classic two-headed reindeer candle holder
My favorite candy cane striped candle
We decided not to get a tree this year, since we will be away for most of the Christmas season, but we are doing other things to get into the Christmas spirit, like... going to see White Christmas in Boston! Yes, it's true! White Christmas is quite possibly my all-time favorite movie, so, needless to say, I am really excited to see it on stage. I only hope I won't be too disappointed with whomever they cast to play Bing Crosby's character. Those are some big shoes to fill.
Okay, random, unrelated tangent...
I love plants. But they do not always love me back. Several have withered away over the years, but two have thrived. One is a diffenbachia that sits by my sink and grows like a weed. It had become tall and noble (a source of great pride), until last night...
I went to get a drink of water, and this is what I found.
Have you ever seen anything so sad? I have no idea what happened. The stem isn't broken, and the only change in its environment is a small ivy plant that I placed next to it. Apparently, diffenbachias are very anti-social! Sorry, diff, I moved the ivy, now straighten up! (No luck so far, but AJ did tape a piece of string to the window to hold it up.)
Okay, two other random reports, and then I'm done for the night.
1. I did teach my first aerobics class last week. No major mishaps, but I definitely have room to grow. I'm still hoping H will move back.
2. Do not rent Vanity Fair with Reese Witherspoon. It's awful. I'm glad Thackeray is not alive to see it, because that is not how he wrote Becky Sharp and Amelia Sedley. Come to think of it, I'm not sure Vanity Fair is good movie material. What makes the book so brilliant is the narrator's sarcasm, and it's hard to capture that tone in dialogue. But, they could have tried a little harder.
8 comments:
you can come over and visit our tree any time you like. It'll be up until March.
Thank goodness you finally wrote something on your blog! I was dying of boredom and obsessively checking your site every day!
That plant's pot looks awfully small... you might try replanting it in something bigger so that it has room to spread its roots.
Also, do you ever give it plant food/fertilizer? After a while, it will suck all the nutrients out of the dirt, and just be very sad and hungry.
AND- are you coming home for Christmas???
Princess,
Yeah, AJ mentioned the pot too. I knew it was small, but he just seemed so happy, and I figured...if it's not broken, don't fix it! (Well, I guess now it is broken.)
You mean I'm supposed to feed him too?! J/K. I do give him Miracle Grow occasionally.
Yes! I'll be in CO 12/22 - 12/27.
Well, maybe YOU knew you had to feed plants, but I didn't.
I happily went on dousing mine in water (surely H20 is enough for them! It's a miracle!) for years until they died and I couldn't figure out why.
Until my mother smacked me with a Miracle Grow bottle.
Don't worry, my mom had to tell me too.
Oh, you have to FEED plants?? Maybe that's my problem. Mine all die. Always. Although, not fast enough and I feel to sorry for them to throw them out so I nurse them along looking sickly for months...and then they die. Sad. Nice blog.
Post a Comment