AJ and I had a great weekend. On Friday night we played Apples to Apples with two other couples and laughed a lot. And I gave up the health kick for the night and enjoyed some brownies. Yum.
On Saturday, AJ snowmobiled in an event called the Poker Run and you will never guess what he won for a door prize. Seriously... you will never guess. He won 20 lbs. of propane. Yup, propane. Our friends won a hat from a local business, a wooden plaque with wolves on it, and a maple syrup basket. Only in Speculator.
Saturday was girls night, so my friend Not a Local made us a delicious dinner (complete with mango whip for dessert!) and we watched Singin' in the Rain. It was awesome. Musicals (particularly those with tap dancing) are seriously underrated. Our next pick will be Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, because Not a Local has not seen it, and I think it may be one of the most ridiculously funny movies ever.
Later that night, AJ and I hosted a dozen guys for the Ultimate Fighting Championship. I can't even watch the commercials for these fights, so I attempted to read War and Peace in a corner of the couch. I got through three pages in 2 1/2 hours, but at least I managed to avoid looking at the TV.
Ultimate Fighting is not AJ's thing, but he wanted to see Brock Lesnar fight, since Brock went to school in North Dakota for awhile and AJ worked out in the same gym with him a few times. He is the only person I have ever seen whose neck is actually wider than his head. Unfortunately, he tapped out in the first round of the fight when his opponent got him into a knee bar. It was pretty disappointing, since Brock really did seem like the better fighter.
And now for the Good News...
#1: Today I received my 4 1/2 inch paring knife in the mail, so now all of my warranty claims have been fulfilled. Yay! My faith in American companies has been restored.
#2: My friend Not a Local sympathized with my fear of becoming a female body builder and bought me a two-DVD set of Caribbean Workout Yoga. I'm on my way to being long and lean.
On Saturday, AJ snowmobiled in an event called the Poker Run and you will never guess what he won for a door prize. Seriously... you will never guess. He won 20 lbs. of propane. Yup, propane. Our friends won a hat from a local business, a wooden plaque with wolves on it, and a maple syrup basket. Only in Speculator.
Saturday was girls night, so my friend Not a Local made us a delicious dinner (complete with mango whip for dessert!) and we watched Singin' in the Rain. It was awesome. Musicals (particularly those with tap dancing) are seriously underrated. Our next pick will be Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, because Not a Local has not seen it, and I think it may be one of the most ridiculously funny movies ever.
Later that night, AJ and I hosted a dozen guys for the Ultimate Fighting Championship. I can't even watch the commercials for these fights, so I attempted to read War and Peace in a corner of the couch. I got through three pages in 2 1/2 hours, but at least I managed to avoid looking at the TV.
Ultimate Fighting is not AJ's thing, but he wanted to see Brock Lesnar fight, since Brock went to school in North Dakota for awhile and AJ worked out in the same gym with him a few times. He is the only person I have ever seen whose neck is actually wider than his head. Unfortunately, he tapped out in the first round of the fight when his opponent got him into a knee bar. It was pretty disappointing, since Brock really did seem like the better fighter.
And now for the Good News...
#1: Today I received my 4 1/2 inch paring knife in the mail, so now all of my warranty claims have been fulfilled. Yay! My faith in American companies has been restored.
#2: My friend Not a Local sympathized with my fear of becoming a female body builder and bought me a two-DVD set of Caribbean Workout Yoga. I'm on my way to being long and lean.
2 comments:
Thanks for the blog-love! I hope to return it soon and tell my tales of "7 Brides." Ridiculously awesome movie.
What does one do with 20 lbs. of propane?
I think a Caribbean workout video is a really good idea. You should just have it playing constantly in the background to counteract those minus 40 days. I miss you friend! (but I don't miss minus 40)
Love Kim
Post a Comment