Today is my dear friends K's birthday. Of course I procrastinated getting her a card until yesterday, so it will not arrive until mid-week at the earliest. (Actually, I'm supposed to be making all of my own cards now, since I purchased all of the supplies to take up stamping as a hobby. I assured AJ that this would save us money on cards in the long run. Oops!)
Anyway...K and I only lived in the same town for one year, but it felt like a lot longer than that. Now she lives in Kentucky, and though we rarely see one another, we've managed to stay close. K is one of those people who is so ridiculously nice and thoughtful that it is hard to believe she is for real. But she is. And she is also lots of fun.
Since I love lists and I haven't done one for awhile, here are my ten favorite (or at least most memorable) memories with K, in honor of her birthday.
10. Getting dressed up and painting our faces for her brother's high school football game at Heinz Field.
9. Her banana surprise party!
8. Memorial Day Work Weekend, where we painted until we couldn't move and almost froze to death.
7. The never-ending work day when we tried to figure out how to get some stranded international students from NYC to Speculator. Thanks, S. :)
6. Watching those British nanny movies (what were they called?!), and laughing when the boys (who couldn't stand them) were distressed when we lost power in the middle of one.
5. Wearing our matching pink and blue plaid sunglasses to the pre-season luau.
4. Rehearsing for and winning airband with "So Long, Farewell" from The Sound of Music. PJ was such a great coach.
3. The awesome costumes (complete with fishnets) that we wore to a 1940's Murder Mystery Party.
2. Teaching her and her husband how to drive a stick shift in the parking lot of the local elementary school, so that they could buy their dream yellow jeep. (Do you still have that?)
1. And my favorite... trying to hook up my TV to her car through the window of my apartment so that we wouldn't miss ER during the power outage...caused by the blizzard. It didn't work.
Happy birthday, K. I miss you and hope you have a fabulous day!
No comments:
Post a Comment