An incredibly talented new friend of mine took these pictures of little AJ on her six week birthday (yesterday). We just love them!
Little AJ and I especially like the ones with Grama, since Grama left this morning to go back to Colorado, and we are both feeling sad and missing her. It is amazing how having a child of your own makes you grow closer to and appreciate your own mom so much more. I can only hope to be a fraction of the help to little AJ someday that my mom has been to me these past weeks.
The photo shoot was lots of fun, though it had an interesting start. My friend was scheduled to come over at 3:30 p.m., so I had everything timed perfectly to have little AJ bathed, napped, dressed in some of her cutest clothes, and fed before she arrived.
All was going well; little AJ looked adorable in her outfit and I put a bib on her to protect her clothes while I finished feeding her. She was being so good and I made a joke to my mom that everything was going so smoothly that little AJ would probably spit up all over me any minute. Not 30 seconds later, she did just that... all over me, all over her, all over the glider and all over the floor. Needless to say, the bib didn't quite contain it all.
So I answered the door with a drenched shirt, and my friend had to wait for both of us to get changed, again. Aaaah, the joys of motherhood. :)
Little AJ and I especially like the ones with Grama, since Grama left this morning to go back to Colorado, and we are both feeling sad and missing her. It is amazing how having a child of your own makes you grow closer to and appreciate your own mom so much more. I can only hope to be a fraction of the help to little AJ someday that my mom has been to me these past weeks.
The photo shoot was lots of fun, though it had an interesting start. My friend was scheduled to come over at 3:30 p.m., so I had everything timed perfectly to have little AJ bathed, napped, dressed in some of her cutest clothes, and fed before she arrived.
All was going well; little AJ looked adorable in her outfit and I put a bib on her to protect her clothes while I finished feeding her. She was being so good and I made a joke to my mom that everything was going so smoothly that little AJ would probably spit up all over me any minute. Not 30 seconds later, she did just that... all over me, all over her, all over the glider and all over the floor. Needless to say, the bib didn't quite contain it all.
So I answered the door with a drenched shirt, and my friend had to wait for both of us to get changed, again. Aaaah, the joys of motherhood. :)
3 comments:
Cecilia did a wonderful job. These are beautiful pictures! (Helps that little baby is soooo cute too!)
Christie the pictures are gorgeous. I didn't realize how blue AJ's I are. She's just beautiful!
How are things going? Thanks for posting! It makes moving away from things familiar a little easier! Love you and your growing family!!
Post a Comment