Monday, November 26, 2007

Blogger's Block Conquered

Please excuse my shameful lack of posting last week. I had a bit of blogger's block, which I think stems from my unrealistic need for perfection in all areas of life. However, I am fighting off the neurosis and forcing myself to write in spite of my want of a brilliant topic.

I was also busy last week. Sis came to visit, and between our hair appointments, shopping, lunches out, sleeping in, and movie watching... there just wasn't time for much else! Then we went away for Thanksgiving (limited computer access) and now I'm back to work.

(Okay, Sis did leave on Friday night, and we were home this weekend, but AJ and I were involved in a fierce competition of the
Realtree Memory Match Game (fun for hours), in which we are currently tied with a low score of 8. If you beat that, don't tell me, because I will be too jealous. I also made four cards, completed a USA Today crossword puzzle, sewed a button on AJ's shirt, and made a venison roast in the crock pot.)

I did not, however, end up making a pie for Thanksgiving (big shock), although I did choose a recipe and put my pie plate on the counter. Baby steps to domestic perfection...

Actually, I would have gladly stayed home today to bake a pie. It is my official position that the first days back at work after a week off are the WORST days of the year. I mean... it was Thanksgiving!! How could I possibly have 103 new emails (slight exaggeration, but only slight) and 7 new voicemails?! I am not that important! Well, apparently I am, but some of you will have to wait until tomorrow for a response, because the only typing I am doing tonight is on this blog.

It also didn't help that I was tired from waking up at 3 a.m. in a panic about building aerobics sequences. No, I am not kidding. I lay there for what seemed like an eternity trying to figure out how to lead a six move combination, which we'll call A, B, C, D, E, F for the purpose of this illustration.

Should I do: A... B... C... D... E... F... then A, B... then A, B, C... then A, B, C, D... Or should I do: A... B... then A, B... then C... then A, B, C... then D... etc.

H, why did you move away? Please come back! I'm not ready!

Speaking of H, she reminded me that I forgot a classic memory in my last post, namely the time I chipped my front tooth while trying to catch Peanut M & Ms in my mouth as H threw them in the air from across the office. Don't try it--it's not worth it!

But that is how I found my wonderful dentist, Dr. Z. He recently upgraded from his retro office with the orange vinyl chairs to a nice new building, and I kind of miss the old place. Particularly the poster that read "We pride ourselves on using only the latest technology and equipment"... with the date 1981 at the bottom. AJ tried to joke him about that, but he just didn't see the humor in it. Hmmm....

Well, we're going to see him on December 5, and I'm gonna keep my eye out for the newer version of that poster.

3 comments:

JandH said...

Okay, I want to a believe that your dentist is great, but that poster makes me wonder. Yikes! Oh, the irony!

Lisa J. said...

I was compelled to find that memory game and to beat 8. Umm, not happening, but it is a fun game and I actually recognized Dale Earnhart Sr. on one of the tiles.

Niall MacC said...

Love what u have to say about 'unrealistic need for perfection' with regards to pie baking. Vwey funny.