I bring my camera places, but I just don't use it. For example, how many posts ago did I say that I was going to take a picture of my much-loved, recently-sold '97 Chevy Cavalier? (sob, sob)
And I brought my camera to the rodeo on Friday night, but I didn't take a single picture. (Well, I think that was because I wanted to be wearing a flashy cowboy hat and boots, so I didn't feel like being photographed in my boring street clothes.)
This was our second visit to the "Adirondack Stampede" Rodeo. AJ and I went there on our second date in 2004 (the weekend after the Gander Mountain trip), when he impressed me by reaching above the masses to catch a NASCAR t-shirt that was thrown into the crowd. (I was equally impressed by how quickly he gave it away.)
We didn't catch anything this time, but we did have a good view of some grotesquely ugly bulls. There's nothing like watching a bull rider get stepped on to make you thankful that your husband is a hunter and not a rodeo star! (Although I think that AJ does secretly want to be a cowboy. He has tried to convince me at least a half a dozen times that we need to buy cows and horses, and he once mentioned something about mucking stalls as a part of my morning chores. I'm pretty sure that any chore that involves "mucking" is not for me.)
Despite my desire to own a cowboy hat and boots, I know that I could never be a true cowgirl, because I was happy every time the cute little calves got away without being roped. My friends laughed at me, but I felt bad for the calves when they were scampering along and all of sudden got yanked backwards by the neck, flipped upside down, and bound together at the feet. (It didn't bother me as much when this happened to the slightly older and not-as-cute steers, which may say something about my character.)
Anyway, since I have no rodeo pictures to share with you, here is one from our chocolate fondue party on Sunday night (compliments of my friend). It was almost as much fun as the rodeo and smelled much better. Plus, my team won "Hugger Mugger" and I contributed by correctly spelling "baccalaureate" and "chrysanthemum." I knew that going to the spelling bee in the 4th grade would pay off someday!

2 comments:
Is that Timmy?
Timmy? Ohhh... Timmy. Why, yes it is. Poor, Ang--she will never live down that haircut!
Post a Comment